Understanding the Regulations Related to the Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives
HHS has implemented certain regulatory reforms which ensure a level playing field for faith-based and community organizations. The resources contained on this page seek to provide an overview of the regulations and how they pertain to faith-based organizations who receive federal funding.
- Executive Order 13498: Amendments to Executive Order 13199
- Executive Order 13559: Fundamental Principles and Policymaking Criteria for Partnerships with Faith-Based and Other Neighborhood Organizations
While all four regulations related to the Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives apply uniquely to each program they govern, there are principles contained in almost all the regulations that we broadly refer to as Equal Treatment Principles.
- HHS Equal Treatment Regulations
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Charitable Choice Regulations
- ACF Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Charitable Choice Regulations
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Charitable Choice Regulations