FY 2019 Budget & Performance
The Secretary Presents the FY 2019 Budget
The President’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Budget makes thoughtful and strategic investments to protect the health and well-being of the American people, while addressing the opioid crisis, promoting patient-centered healthcare, strengthening services for American Indians and Alaska Natives, encouraging innovation in America’s healthcare future, addressing high drug prices, reforming the Department’s regulations, and generally focusing resources toward proven and effective initiatives.
Budget in Brief
Print version: HHS Budget in Brief
NOTE: Some of the documents on this page may not be fully accessible to persons using assistive technology. We are working on remediating these documents and will make them available as soon as possible. For assistance with the information in these files, contact the HHS Office of Budget at 202.690.7393.
Budget Justifications to Congress
NOTE: IT Resource Statement:
HHS certifies that the HHS Chief Information Officer (CIO) has reviewed and had input in approving information technology (IT) Investments included in the below budget request documents. Furthermore, both the HHS Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and HHS CIO have had a role in reviewing planned IT support for major programs and significant increases and decreases in IT resources as reflected in this budget. Additionally, with respect to Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) implementation, the Agency has developed and implemented its plan to ensure that all common baseline FITARA responsibilities are in place. Finally, HHS confirms that all HHS components are utilizing incremental development practices as appropriate across their IT investment portfolio.
Office of the Secretary Staff Divisions:
Links to HHS Office of the Secretary Staff Division budget requests are listed below.
Some of the documents on this page may not be fully accessible to persons using assistive technology. We are working on remediating these documents and will make them available as soon as possible. For assistance with the information in these files, contact the HHS Office of Budget at 202.690.7393.
- General Departmental Management
- Departmental Management Overview
- General Departmental Management Congressional Justification
- Opioids Epidemic and Serious Mental Illness Initiative
- Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals
- Office for Civil Rights
- National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund
- Nonrecurring Expenses Fund
- Service and Supply Fund
- Retirement Pay & Medical Benefits for Commissioned Officers
- HHS General Provisions
- Office of Inspector General
- Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund
Operating Divisions Budget Requests:
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)