The 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (IDEA) requires federal executive branch agencies to report to Congress, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and the general public on their progress to modernize their websites and digital services. The report to OMB is required once per year from December 2019 to December 2023. IDEA aims to improve the digital experience for government customers.
Section 3 of IDEA focuses on website modernization. Improving customer interactions with HHS websites and digital services is a high priority for the Department. This includes:
- Standardization across government including implementation of the U.S. Web Design System
- Accessibility in accordance with section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- A secure “https” connection
- A search function that allows users to easily search content available for public users
- Design around audiences’ needs with data-driven analysis influencing management and development decisions.
- Responsive mobile-friendly design
HHS has taken multiple steps to further this goal, including developing an HHS Digital Communications Strategy.
- View analytics data on how people interact with HHS public websites and digital services
We encourage you to provide your feedback on any HHS.gov page using our on-page feedback surveys. Similar feedback mechanisms exist on websites across HHS.