FOIA Library / Electronic Reading Room
FOIA amendments signed into law in 1994 added a requirement that agencies must establish an Electronic FOIA (EFOIA) Reading Room. The EFOIA Reading Room contains such materials as certain agency manuals, specific agency policy statements, and opinions developed in the adjudication of cases.
The information you are requesting may be located in the Electronic Reading Rooms. At HHS, each major organizational component has an Electronic Reading Room. Each of our EFOIA Reading Rooms has been certified. Please check the Reading Rooms before submitting a FOIA request.
Operating Division Reading Rooms:
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration for Community Living
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention & Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Office of Inspector General
- National Institutes of Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
HHS EFOIA Reading Room Material:
Administrative Staff Manuals
Frequently Requested Records
- Public Comments for "Removing Barriers for Religious and Faith-Based Organizations to Participate in HHS Programs and Receive Public Funding"
- Dr. Fitzgerald Ethics Agreement
- Correspondence from the Chairman and CEO of Aetna
- Network Intrusion Attempts Database
- National Survey of Adolescents and Their Parents - Project No. 60005 - Final Report
- HHS EFOIA Reading Room Certification
- HHS FOIA Reference Materials
- Office of Inspector General Reports, Audits, etc.
- Office of the Inspector General Corporate Integrity Agreements (NOTE: includes directions on obtaining settlement agreements from the Department of Justice)
- Office of Civil Rights/ Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- HHS Administrative Manuals