FOIA Reference Materials
The HHS Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Division handles information pertaining to the FOIA and the Privacy Act. These resources explain the rules and regulations our office is responsible for maintaining.
- The Freedom of Information Act (current version)
- The FOIA Improvement Act of 2016
- The Freedom of Information Act as amended by the OPEN Government Act of 2007
- HHS FOIA regulations
- Chief Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officers Report
- FOIA Annual Reports
- Executive Order 13392, "Improving Agency Disclosure of Information," December 14, 2005
- DOJ FOIA Guide
The DOJ March 2007 (revised January 2010) "FOIA Guide" is an extensive discussion of the Act's exemptions and its procedural aspects that is prepared by the Department of Justice's Office of Information and Privacy.
- Your Right to Federal Records (2006)
This pamphlet is a joint publication of the Department of Justice and the General Services Administration concerning both the FOIA and the Privacy Act.
- Executive Order 12600