I am current military or a military dependent and I need mental health or addiction coverage help with my TRICARE insurance plan.
You may be eligible for treatment under TRICARE or may be protected by Mental Health and Addiction Insurance “Parity” laws. Assistance is available.
Not the type of insurance you have? See other options.
Visit www.TRICARE.mil/CallUs to find the right phone number to call for assistance.
- Select “Health Plans”
- Select which TRICARE plan you’re using
- Select your country or zip code
Mental Health coverage under TRICARE
TRICARE provides comprehensive mental health coverage to:
- Active duty members
- Reserve component service members
TRICARE’s coverage is flexible to accommodate the needs of individual patients. There are no length-of-stay or day limits. Services include:
- Psychiatric outpatient
- Psychiatric inpatient
- Partial hospitalization
- Residential treatment services
- Substance use disorder treatment
You can learn more about TRICARE’s mental health coverage.
- Check to see what’s covered.
- See how to get mental health care.
- Look up your mental health costs.
- Download the Mental Health Care Services Fact Sheet.
- Watch a video about TRICARE’s mental health coverage.
In October 2016, the President’s Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Task Force issued a final report that outlined recommendations and took some initial steps to implement the recommendations to further advance parity in behavioral health insurance benefits.
Are you in crisis?
Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 http://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
Local Emergency Services Call 911