HIV/AIDS and Healthcare Disparities
According to the CDC more than 1.2 million people in the United States are living with HIV infection, and almost 1 in 8 (12.8%) are unaware of their infection.
OCR ensures that people have equal access to and an opportunity to receive services from all HHS funded programs. Persons who believe they (or someone else) have been discriminated against in health care or human services may file a complaint with OCR.
- Your Rights as a Person with HIV or AIDS
- Your Rights as a Person with HIV or AIDS to Obtain Occupational Training and State Licensing
- Your Rights under Section 504 and ADA
- Enforcement Success Stories Involving HIV/AIDS
- How to File a Civil Rights Complaint
Health Information Privacy Rights
The HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules protect the privacy and security of patients' medical records and other health information maintained by HHS-funded programs and services.
- Understanding HIPAA Privacy for Consumers
- Enforcement Examples Involving HIV/AIDS
- How to File a Health Information Privacy Complaint
Find information about HIV/AIDS and services at www.HIV.gov.