- American Sign Language (ASL) Public Service Announcement Videos – To assist deaf and hard of hearing persons stay safe before, during, and after a hurricane (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Public Health Workbook to Define, Locate & Reach Special, Vulnerable & At-Risk Populations in an Emergency. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Training PowerPoint: Effective Planning, Response & Recovery for Special Needs Populations, Consistent with Federal Civil Rights Laws; En Espanol: Cómo evitar desastres a la “Población con necesidades especiales* (Office for Civil Rights)
Other Federal Resources
Chapter 7: Emergency Management under Title II of the ADA – ADA Best Practices Toolkit for State and Local Governments. (Department of Justice)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Disability Page
- Ready.gov – Information center to assist people with disabilities and other special needs (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
*People using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, contact the HHS Office for Civil Rights at (800) 368-1019, TDD toll-free: (800) 537-7697, or by emailing OCRMail@hhs.gov.