The Office of Acquisition Workforce and Strategic Initiatives’ mission is to provide excellent support and expertise to HHS acquisition workforce professionals in the areas of acquisition training and certification, career development, and HHS Acquisition Lifecycle Framework document compliance reviews.
The Office is composed of two sides: Acquisition Workforce and Strategic Initiatives
The purpose of the Acquisition Workforce:
- Supervising HHS’ Federal Acquisition Certification programs
- Providing HHS related acquisition training for the purpose of certification and development
- Managing the identification, certification and development of the HHS acquisition workforce
- Participating in Government-wide boards, councils, and other forums related to federal workforce initiatives
- Manage and support the HHS School-House, a one-stop shop that will meet the training and professional development needs of the HHS Acquisition Workforce
The purpose of Strategic Initiatives:
- Conducting acquisition document compliance reviews for all major HHS procurements
- Enhancing governance, oversight, transparency, and standardization across the HHS acquisition lifecycle framework (HALF)
- Reviewing and providing comments to address gaps in various acquisition documents for compliance with federal regulations, statutes, HHS policies, directives, and guidance
- Fostering leading-edge policies, practices, and procedures in support of emerging acquisition needs
The Key Personnel section provides leadership title and contact information of HHS Heads of Contracting Activity and key Department of Acquisition managers.