The program's mission is to instill the use of accessibility standards and practices. The result is innovative information and communications technology (ICT) being accessible to everyone.
The program's vision fosters a culture that creates accessible ICT. Supporting inclusion and diversity among all agency users. Through the steady and repeated use of standards in business processes.
- Inspire users to boost skills by educating, consulting, and partnering.
- Foster accessible foundations to avoid recoding and reduce life cycle costs.
- Propel accessibility by adapting to the traits of emerging ICT.
About the Program
The program offers resources to measure Section 508 and accessibility standards. A summary of the available services include:
- Convey the importance of including conformance in ICT. Example areas of interest are:
- Content development, and
- Business operation processes
- Measure conformance of OS procured, developed, funded, maintained, or used ICT
- Supply training courses, guidance, and sessions
- Assist with the acquisition life cycle
- Approve deferrals and exceptions
- Consult on complaints
- Represent OS on governance boards and at federal or interagency activities
Contact the OS Accessibility Program
Direct feedback about the Department or OS to the OS Accessibility Program.