- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020*
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
The contents noted with "*" are in the process of Section 508 review. Assistive Technology users should contact Lydia Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org if they experience any difficulties.
UC Contact Information
ORR Helpline for Unaccompanied Children or Sponsors
800.203.7001 | information@ORRNCC.com
How does the ORR National Call Center help parents who are looking for their child?
- The call center collects information from the caller and will send the information in real time regarding the caller’s inquiry to the shelter in which the child is located.
- A caller may provide his/her name, contact information, their relationship to the child or child’s family, etc.
- The ORR shelter is then responsible for responding to a parent/sponsor/legal representative, after verifying the caller’s identity with the child or the child's family in the country of origin.
- The call center does not verify or authenticate relationships, and therefore MAY NOT share the location or other personal information regarding the child with the caller.
Other helpful information:
- Not every adult who comes forward to claim custody of a child is an appropriate sponsor due to a variety of reasons, which may include custodial disputes in the home country or environmental factors unsuitable for children.
- Professional case managers conduct vigorous investigations to determine safe settings for children to be released to a sponsor.
- The ORR National Call Center is experiencing an extraordinarily high volume of calls. To mitigate wait times and ensure rapid response, the call center has increased staffing during peak times.
- To ensure the call center can focus on its critical mission of supporting children and families, ORR asks that members of the public, lawmakers and media do not use the 1-800 number. Inquiries can be forwarded to email@example.com or UACProgram@acf.hhs.gov.
In addition to reunification support, the ORR National Call Center also serves children and sponsors post-reunification with issues that may include: finding resources in the community for education, medical care, emotional support, juvenile justice, substance use, legal support and safety; providing guidance on strengthening the relationship between sponsors and children; and receiving reports of abuse or neglect.
Outside entities, attorneys or other individuals seeking UC case file information must make a request to ORR under the appropriate policies and procedures. Requesting parties should not make a FOIA request for UAC case file information.
Please visit ACF's Media Center page for contact details.
Program Contact Information
Office of Refugee Resettlement
Administration for Children and Families
Mary E. Switzer Building
330 C Street, SW
Washington, DC 20201