Contract Administrative Tools
The HHS contract management process reflects established policies and regulations. The sites and systems listed below assist with grant lifecycle management.
- Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps.gov) – Search, find, and monitor contract opportunities offered by HHS and other federal agencies.
- HHS Forecast Opportunities – The HHS Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) maintains the Procurement Forecast Data Repository. It is intended to inform vendors - especially small businesses - about HHS's potential procurement opportunities prior to their official solicitation. (Forecast Disclaimer)
- Explore Government Contracting (BusinessUSA.gov) – A questionnaire on this site will narrow down Federal Government contracting opportunities that fit your business.
- System for Award Management (SAM) -- The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system for management of grant and contract awards. Businesses and organizations must register on the site. This tool is also used for reporting on service contracts.
- Catalog for Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) - a government-wide compendium of Federal programs, projects, services, and activities that provide assistance or benefits to the American public. It contains financial and nonfinancial assistance programs administered by departments and establishments of the Federal government.
- Federal Audit Clearinghouse (FAC) – Operates on behalf of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and its primary purposes are: to disseminate audit information to Federal Agencies and the public, support OMB oversight and assessment of Federal award audit requirements, assist Federal cognizant and oversight agencies in obtaining OMB Circular A-133 data and reporting packages, to help auditors and auditees minimize the reporting burden of complying with Circular A-133 audit requirements.
- FFATA Sub-Award Reporting System (FSRS) – FSRS is the reporting tool Federal prime awardees (i.e. prime contractors and prime grants recipients) use to capture and report subaward and executive compensation data regarding their first-tier subawards to meet the federal reporting requirements.
- The Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System (FAPIIS) – As a part of the Past Performance Information System (PPIRS), this site is an information system that contains specific info on the integrity and performance of covered Federal agency contractors and grantees. FAPIIS provides users access to integrity and performance information from the FAPIIS reporting module in the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS).
- USASpending.Gov – This website was created to provide the public with information about how their tax dollars are spent. Collecting data about the various types of contracts, grants, loans, and other types of spending in our government will provide a broader picture of the Federal spending processes, and will help to meet the need of greater transparency. The Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act required the development of this site, which is managed by the General Services Administration (GSA).
- Data.Gov – Created in 2009 and maintained by the Office of Management and Budget, this website’s purpose is to increase public access to high value, machine readable datasets generated by the Executive Branch of the Federal Government. The site is a repository for all the information the government collects. The site publishes to the public any data that is not private or restricted for national security reasons. Take a look at the different HHS data sets and tools that are publicly available on Health Data and Tools Available on Data.gov.