• Text Resize A A A
  • Print Print
  • Share Share on facebook Share on twitter Share

Federal Health Care Conscience Protection Statutes


OCR receives discrimination complaints under the:

Your Conscience Rights

You may file a complaint under the Federal Health Care Provider Conscience Protection Statutes if you believe you have experience discrimination because you:

  • Objected to, participated in, or refused to participate in specific medical procedures, including abortion and sterilization, and related training and research activities
  • Were coerced into performing procedures that are against your religious or moral beliefs
  • Refused to provide health care items or services for the purpose of causing, or assisting in causing, the death of an individual, such as by assisted suicide, euthanasia or mercy killing

How to File a Conscience Complaint

You can file a complaint online or via mail, fax, or e-mail. Learn more about how to file a complaint with OCR.


Have Your Civil Rights Been Violated?

File a Civil Rights Complaint

Content created by Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
Content last reviewed on June 16, 2017
Back to Top