Find Free or Reduced Prenatal Care:
- Call 1-800-311-BABY (1-800-311-2229) - This toll-free telephone number will connect you to the Health Department in your area code.
- For information in Spanish, call 1-800-504-7081
- Call or contact your local Health Department.
Resources for Healthy Pregnancy:
- Prenatal services (HRSA)
Learn about the five ways to have a healthy pregnancy and finding local prenatal services.
- Healthy Pregnancy (womenshealth.gov)
Information on regular doctor visits, check-ups, prenatal tests and procedures, fact sheets, and resources.
- Depression During and After Pregnancy: A Resource for Women, Their Families, and Friends(HRSA)
Learn the signs of perinatal depression, what to do, and where to find help
- Newborn Screening (CDC)
Information about infant screening programs
- Healthy Start (HRSA)
Learn about this local outreach program mandated to reduce infant mortality in 38 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (HRSA)
Through the Home Visiting Program, nurses, social workers, or other professionals meet with at-risk families in their homes, evaluate the families’ circumstances, and connect families to the kinds of help that can make a real difference in a child’s health, development, and ability to learn - such as health care, developmental services for children, early education, parenting skills, child abuse prevention, and nutrition education or assistance.