• Text Resize A A A
  • Print Print
  • Share Share on facebook Share on twitter Share

How can I report fraud, waste, and abuse about an HHS program?

Complaints of possible fraud, waste, and abuse can be reported to the Inspector General's Hotline. There are several ways to contact the Hotline:

  • Toll-free phone: 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477), 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, Eastern Time, Monday-Friday
  • Fax: 1-800-223-8164 (10 pages or less, please)
  • TTY: 1-800-377-4950
  • Mail: HHS TIPS Hotline
    P.O. Box 23489
    Washington, DC 20026
    (Note: please do not send any original documents)

You can also access the OIG Hotline guide for filing a complaint by going to the OIG website at http://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/hotline/.

Posted in: Fraud
Content created by Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs (ASPA)
Content last reviewed on February 12, 2014