Disclosures for Emergency Preparedness - A Decision Tool: Data Use Agreement
Data Use Agreement (DUA)
A data use agreement establishes who is permitted to use and receive the LDS, and the permitted uses and disclosures of such information by the recipient, and provides that the recipient will:
- not use or disclose the information other than as permitted by the DUA or as otherwise required by law,
- use appropriate safeguards to prevent uses or disclosures of the information that are inconsistent with the DUA,
- report to the covered entity uses or disclosures that are in violation of the DUA, of which it becomes aware
- ensure that any agents to whom it provides the LDS agree to the same restrictions and conditions that apply to the LDS recipient, with respect to such information, and
- not re-identify the information or contact the individual.
The covered entity may disclose the information that is reasonably necessary!