Smaller providers, small health plans, and other small businesses have found the links on this page to be particularly useful. However, we encourage you to review all the materials on our site.
- OCR Summary of HIPAA Privacy Rule
- This is a summary of key elements of the Privacy Rule including who is covered, what information is protected, uses and disclosures of protected health information, and individual rights provided in the Rule.
- Frequently Asked Questions of particular interest to smaller providers, small health plans, and small businesses.
- Sample Business Associate Contract Provisions
- Am I a covered entity? HHS helps answer this question with a new easy-to-use question and answer decision tool. - October 25, 2002
- Guidance on Significant Aspects of the Privacy Rule