If you have a restaurant, cafeteria, food kiosk, or other food service located within your federal facility, Federal Occupational Health (FOH) can help you ensure that the food and drink you offer is safely stored, handled, prepared, and served in accordance with recognized industry standards.
"One of the biggest advantages of FOH is eliminating the need for multiple contracts all over the country. FOH provides services to our 50+ offices nationally. They coordinate onsite visits and perform direct consultations with our employees, who appreciate the one-on-one contact."
- Chief, Agency Safety, Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Improving Your Worksite
Food safety is one of FOH's many areas of expertise. Our Environmental Health and Safety Services (EHSS) help agencies identify and resolve environmental health issues by addressing them early through assessments, abatement programs, and ongoing monitoring, as well as specialized training for employees and managers.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that one in six people get sick each year from a food-borne illness. We can help you create a safer environment for both your workers and your patrons. FOH will help you establish a food safety management system that follows the safety guidelines of your state, local, or tribal government regulatory authority.
Food Safety Inspection Services
Our inspectors can:
- Help you spot potential violations of state, local, or tribal government regulations
- Help you identify food safety risks in your procedures and process flow
- Examine storage methods and sites for potential food safety hazards
- Show where cross-contamination could be occurring in your process flow
- Check on staff sanitation procedures to help minimize food safety risks
- Review your facility to ensure proper design, layout, installation, and equipment
Cost estimates for food safety inspections are available upon request. Contact us to discuss how we can help your agency.
CDR William Bird