Understanding the Regulations Related to the Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships Initiative
HHS has implemented certain regulatory reforms which ensure a level playing field for faith-based and community organizations. The resources contained on this page seek to provide an overview of the regulations and how they pertain to faith-based organizations who receive federal funding.
- Executive Order 13498: Amendments to Executive Order 13199
- Executive Order 13559: Fundamental Principles and Policymaking Criteria for Partnerships with Faith-Based and Other Neighborhood Organizations
While all four regulations related to the Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships Initiative apply uniquely to each program they govern, there are principles contained in almost all the regulations that we broadly refer to as Equal Treatment Principles.
- HHS Equal Treatment Regulations
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Charitable Choice Regulations
- ACF Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Charitable Choice Regulations
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Charitable Choice Regulations