We are excited to re-launch our internship opportunities for the Summer 2022 season. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Program and Policy Internship
Location: Hubert H. Humphrey Building, 200 Independence Ave. SW, Washington, DC 20201 and/or remote
Time commitment: 20-40 hours per week. Preference is given to interns who are able to work at least four full-time days each week.
Duration: Negotiable but the internship typically lasts about three months.
Description and Requirements:
The Partnership Center offers interns a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. Our hands-on internship program is designed to mentor and cultivate leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Department, and prepare them for future service opportunities. We typically select two interns for each of the Spring, Summer, and Fall academic semesters.
Interns are valued members of the team. They work independently and on teams on projects that advance the efforts to build and support partnerships to better serve individuals, families and communities in need. Responsibilities include conducting research projects, writing newsletter articles and blog posts, supporting webinars and assisting with office responsibilities.
Depending on an intern’s interests and skill set, s/he/they may focus on a particular area of the Partnership Center’s work, but interns support the work of the entire office. They are supervised by Center staff, who work with the Director to develop each intern’s portfolio.
- A unique view of policy from inside the executive branch of government.
- A chance to develop skills in administration and policy in a team environment;
- An excellent opportunity to work with and learn about a variety of agencies within the large and diverse HHS organization, including the Administration for Children and Families (ACF), the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and others.
We are looking for self-starters with strong written and verbal communications skills.
Applicants should be:
- Interested in public policy;
- Able to take ownership of projects;
- Eager to advance social service and public health goals;
- Have a positive attitude and work well as part of a team.
An interest in the administration's Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships’ mission and goals is required.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.