Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Departmental Appeals Board (DAB) is experiencing delays in processing documents received by mail. To avoid delay, we strongly encourage appellants and parties to file appeals, requests for review, motions, and all other case-related documents through our online e-filing system.
You may register for and access the online filing system at the links below:
- For appeals before the Medicare Appeals Council: https://dab.efile.hhs.gov/mod (Instructions available here).
- For all other matters, including cases before the DAB’s Appellate and Civil Remedies Divisions: https://dab.efile.hhs.gov/.
The Departmental Appeals Board (DAB) provides impartial, independent review of disputed decisions under more than 60 statutory provisions.
- HHS issues procedures for selecting and appointing Administrative Law Judges (ALJs)
- DAB Announces Changes to Decision Formatting
- DAB Chair Implementing Medicare Appeals Precedent Rule, Welcomes Suggestions
- CMS Announcement About Low Volume Appeals Settlements (Updated Information)
- Information about the Medicare Appeals Backlog
Different Appeals at DAB
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Services
Find contact information for key DAB personnel as well as mailing address information for DAB’s divisions.
Departmental Appeals Board Language Assistance Available: Español (Spanish) | 繁體中文 (Chinese) | Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) | 한국어 (Korean) | Tagalog | Русский (Russian) | العربية (Arabic) | Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole) | Français (French) | Polski (Polish) | Português (Portuguese) | Italiano (Italian) | Deutsch (German) | 日本語 (Japanese) | فارسی (Farsi)
Departmental Appeals Board Nondiscrimination Notice