How to Find Opioid Treatment Programs?
Resources are available to assist you on your path to recovery. Enter your address, city or ZIP code to locate treatment centers nearest to you.
PLEASE NOTE: Your personal information and the search criteria you enter into the locator are secure and anonymous. HHS does not collect or maintain any information you provide.
- Help is available to successfully overcome opioid addiction.
- Research shows that, for some people, the integration of both behavioral and pharmacologic (medical) types of treatment is the most effective approach for overcoming opioid addiction.
- A common misconception is that medications used in medication-assisted treatment (MAT) substitute one drug for another.
- The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) provides a helpful fact sheet summarizing effective treatment options for opioid addiction.
Finding Quality Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
Guide for individuals seeking behavioral health treatment provides three necessary steps to complete prior to utilizing a treatment center and the five signs of a quality treatment center. Use these tools to find treatment options in your area:
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- Buprenorphine Treatment Provider Locator
- Treatment Center Locator, Including Methadone Centers
Step-by-Step Treatment Guides
Information about the steps to take if you or someone you know has substance-use disorder.