Get Ready for Grants Management
Register with D-U-N-S, SAM and Grants.gov
First, you must register with the Data Universal Numbering System or D-U-N-S®. The D-U-N-S® Number is a copyrighted, proprietary means of identifying businesses on a location-specific basis. The number is widely used by both commercial and federal entities and is the standard business identifier for federal electronic commerce. It can take up to four weeks or even longer for this process if there are problems with your information.
Secondly, businesses, individuals, or agencies who want to do business with the Federal Government need to register with the System for Award Management. There is no fee for registering. You will need to designate an E-Business Point of Contact (E-Biz POC) and Authorized Organization Representatives (AORs).
Thirdly, register with Grants.gov where grant applications are available. Be sure to register after the D-U-N-S and SAM registrations are completed. Registration is usually completed by the end of the session. Also visit Learn Grants to find information about successfully navigating every phase of the grant managment process from applying and reporting to the award closeout.
Find and Apply for Grants
HHS distributes the largest amount of grant funding of any Federal agency. Most HHS grant funds go to States, Territories, and Tribes, but approximately 32,800 grants were awarded to non-government agencies in FY 2013. If you or your agency would like to work on behalf of the nation providing needed services, find and apply for our grants.
- In-depth search for available HHS grant opportunities (Grants.gov)
Refine your search by agency, eligibility, and category.
- Search/browse for potential forecasted HHS grant opportunities (HHS GrantsForecast)
- Subscribe to receive the Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships Grant Information Newsletter via email.
Learn to Manage HHS Grants
When doing the work of the government through a grant or other funding mechanism, it is important to understand the HHS grants management process for awarding grants and review grants already awarded.
- Learn about the HHS Grants Management Process
- Use these Tips for Preparing Grant Proposals
- Find out about the Grant Administrative Tools used for managing federal grants.
Grant Management Guidance by Agency
- How to Apply for an ACF Grant
- ACF Funding Opportunity Announcements
- ACF Grant Terms and Conditions
- ACF Funding Forms
- ACF Performance Progress Report
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Grant Post Award Management (Includes information on grant payment and financial reporting requirements)
- AHRQ Grants Process
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Guidance
- Research Grant Policies
Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
Indian Health Service (IHS)