The resources discuss conformance in the acquisition life cycle.
The activities discussed occur before and after a contract award. Contact the OS Accessibility Program to schedule a live training.
- Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT®) and Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR) Acquisition Guidance Acquisition Guidance
The tools do not reduce the need to include accessibility in each step. The calculators are gauges to reach adequate conformance on schedule and within budget.
- ICT Conformance Risk in a Life Cycle - Focus is on activities that occur before contract award.
- Content State Risk Calculator - Focus is on those responsible for providing deliverables after contract award.
Basic accessibility and Section 508 language required for most ICT acquisition packages.
Note: The HHS Product Accessibility Template (PAT) is no longer valid. Record product conformance using ITI's Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT). Or relevant HHS conformance checklist(s) are allowable for OS acquisitions.
- HHSAR 339.205 Section 508 Accessibility Standards for Contracts
- HHS Accessibility Conformance Checklists
- Revised Section 508 and Section 255 Standards
- ITI's Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)
- GSA's Accessibility Requirements Tool (ART)
- GSA's Section508.gov Create Accessible Digital Products
- GSA's Section508.gov Test for Accessibility
- USWDS Using Color
Contact the OS Accessibility Program
Direct feedback about the Department or OS to the OS Accessibility Program.