The accessibility checklists provide the evaluation criteria that must be met to ensure content is accessible to all users. Section 508 requires that all external public facing content and non-public facing official agency communications be accessible. Examples of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and internal official agency communications include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Websites, web applications, desktop software and mobile applications;
- Printers, scanners, phones, and kiosks;
- Software used but not purchased by the federal government;
- Email; PDFs, MS Office documents, support materials;
- Posting to and the use of social media sites;
- A survey questionnaire;
- A template or form;
- Educational or training materials;
- Intranet content designed as a web page;
- Emergency notifications;
- An initial or final decision adjudicating an administrative claim or proceeding;
- A formal acknowledgement of receipt;
- An internal or external program or policy announcement;
- A notice of benefits, program eligibility, employment opportunity, or personnel action;
Checklists are available in Excel format to aid in the creation of compliance reports.
- Web Sites, Web Applications & Software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe PDF
Contact the OS Accessibility Program
Feedback and inquiries regarding accessibility and Section 508 pertaining to the Department or OS can be directed to the HHS Accessibility Help Desk. Requests for training or conformance evaluation are encouraged.