- Subpart 303.1—Safeguards
- Subpart 303.2—Contractor Gratuities to Government Personnel
- Subpart 303.6—Contracts with Government Employees or Organizations Owned or Controlled by Them
- Subpart 303.7—Voiding and Rescinding Contracts
- Subpart 303.8—Limitation on the Payment of Funds to Influence Federal Transactions
- Subpart 303.10—Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
Authority: 5 U.S.C. 301; 40 U.S.C. 121(c)(2).
303.101 Standards of conduct.
303.101-3 Agency regulations.
(a)(3) The HHS Standards of Conduct are prescribed in 45 CFR part 73.
303.104-7 Violations or possible violations of the Procurement Integrity Act.
(a)(1) The contracting officer shall submit to the head of the contracting activity (HCA) for review and concurrence the determination (along with supporting documentation) that a reported violation or possible violation of the statutory prohibitions has no impact on the pending award or selection of a contractor for award.
(2) The contracting officer shall refer the determination that a reported violation or possible violation of the statutory prohibitions has an impact on the pending award or selection of a contractor, along with all related information available, to the HCA. The HCA shall—
(i) Refer the matter immediately to the Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary - Acquisition (ADAS-A) for review, who may consult with the appropriate legal office representative and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) as appropriate; and
(b) The HCA (non-delegable) shall act with respect to actions taken under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clause at 52.203–10, Price or Fee Adjustment for Illegal or Improper Authority.
Subpart 303.2—Contractor Gratuities to Government Personnel
303.203 Reporting suspected violations of the Gratuities clause.
HHS personnel shall report suspected violations of the clause at FAR 52.203-3, Gratuities, to the contracting officer, who will in turn report the matter to the Office of General Counsel (OGC), Ethics Division for disposition.
Subpart 303.6—Contracts with Government Employees or Organizations Owned or Controlled by Them
The HCA (non-delegable) is the official authorized to approve an exception to the policy stated in FAR 3.601.
Subpart 303.7—Voiding and Rescinding Contracts
(a) For purposes of supplementing FAR subpart 3.7, the HCA (non-delegable) is the designee. Coordination with the Senior Procurement Executive is required.
Subpart 303.8—Limitation on the Payment of Funds to Influence Federal Transactions
303.808-70 Solicitation provision and contract clause.
The contracting officer shall insert the clause at 352.203-70, Anti-lobbying, in solicitations and contracts that exceed the simplified acquisition threshold.
Subpart 303.10—Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
(b) The contracting officer, when notified of a possible contractor violation, in accordance with FAR 3.1003(b), shall notify the OIG and the HCA.
(c)(2) The contracting officer shall specify the title of HHS’ OIG hotline poster and the website where the poster can be obtained in paragraph (b)(3) of the clause at FAR 52.203-14.
Other Sections of the HHSAR:
- HHS Acquisition Regulations Table of Contents
- Previous Part: Part 302 Definitions of Words and Terms
- Next Part: Part 304 Administrative Matters