(SUBCHAPTER C—CONTRACTING METHODS AND CONTRACT TYPES)
- Subpart 316.3—Cost-reimbursement Contracts
- Subpart 316.5—Indefinite-Delivery Contracts
- Subpart 316.6—Time-and-Materials, Labor-Hour, and Letter Contracts
Authority: 5 U.S.C. 301; 40 U.S.C. 121(c)(2).
Subpart 316.3—Cost-reimbursement Contracts
316.307 Contract clauses.
(a)(1) If a contract for research and development is with a hospital (profit or nonprofit), the contracting officer shall modify the “Allowable Cost and Payment” clause at FAR 52.216-7 by deleting from paragraph (a) the words “Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 31.2” and substituting “45 CFR part 75.”
(2) The contracting officer shall also insert the clause at 352.216-70, Additional Cost Principles for Hospitals (Profit or Non-Profit), in solicitations and contracts with a hospital (profit or non-profit) when a cost-reimbursement contract is contemplated.
Subpart 316.5—Indefinite-Delivery Contracts
(b)(8) The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Competition Advocate is the task-order and delivery-order ombudsman for the department. Ombudsmen for each of the HHS contracting activities shall be designated in writing by the head of the contracting activity. See part 306.
Subpart 316.6—Time-and-Materials, Labor-Hour, and Letter Contracts
316.603 Letter contracts.
An official one level above the contracting officer shall make the written determination, to be included in the contract file, that no other contract type is suitable and to approve all letter contract modifications. No letter contract or modification can exceed the limits prescribed in FAR 16.603-2(c).
Other Sections of the HHSAR:
- HHS Acquisition Regulations Table of Contents
- Previous Part: Part 315 Contracting by Negotiation
- Next Part: Part 317 Special Contracting Methods