Appendix C: Updates to HHS Strategic Plan FY 2014 – 2018
For the period FY 2014—2018, HHS is publishing its Strategic Plan as a Web document, which will be updated periodically to reflect the Department’s strategies, actions, and progress toward its goals. Below is a summary of changes to the plan since its original publication in March 2014.
- The section on Cross-Agency Priority Goals was updated to reflect current contributions of the Department.
- Agencies contributing to the achievement of Goal 1, Objective A, Goal 1, Objective F, and Goal 2, Objective A were updated.
- The performance measure on all-cause hospital readmissions for Goal 1, Objective D was updated to be more precise.
- The Secretary’s Message was replaced.
- References to the Secretary’s Strategic Initiatives were removed.
- Collaborations between FDA and other key stakeholders were added to Goal 3, Objective E
- Performance Goals in Objectives 1A, 1B, 1D, 1E, 2B, 3A, 3D, 3E, 3F, 4A, 4B, and 4C were updated. This includes updating the Agency Priority Goals to the new set for 2016-2017, and aligning performance goals with the Department’s Annual Performance Plan and Report.