HHS FY 2022 Budget in Brief
The President's Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Budget invests in America. It provides resources to ensure HHS can achieve its mission and tackle major challenges facing our country today, including the COVID-19 pandemic, increasing numbers of Unaccompanied Migrant Children, climate change, the opioid and substance use crisis, ensuring that all HHS programs equitably address all of the country's diverse populations, and more.
The FY 2022 budget proposes $131.8 billion in discretionary budget authority and $1.5 trillion in mandatory funding. This budget reflects the Administration's commitment to serve families across the country, with investments in priority areas, such as maternal health, data and research, tribal health, and early child care and learning.
Read the full FY2022 Budget in Brief
Budget Justifications to Congress
NOTE: IT Resource Statement:
HHS certifies that the HHS Chief Information Officer (CIO) has reviewed and had input in approving information technology (IT) Investments included in the below budget request documents. Furthermore, both the HHS Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and HHS CIO have had a role in reviewing planned IT support for major programs and significant increases and decreases in IT resources as reflected in this budget. Additionally, with respect to Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) implementation, the Agency has developed and implemented its plan to ensure that all common baseline FITARA responsibilities are in place. Finally, HHS confirms that all HHS components are utilizing incremental development practices as appropriate across their IT investment portfolio.
Office of the Secretary Staff Divisions (Consolidated):
- General Departmental Management*
- Office of Inspector General**
- Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund*
Operating Divisions Budget Requests:
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Offices to Contact
HHS Budget – Previous Years
*This content is in the process of Section 508 remediation. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This content is in the process of Section 508 remediation. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to Public.Affairs.OIG@oig.hhs.gov.