Topics on this page: Cross-Agency Priority Goals | Agency Priority Goals | Strategic Goals Overview | Performance Management | Annual Performance Plan and Report
Cross-Agency Priority Goals
Per the Government Performance and Results Modernization Act (GPRAMA) requirement to address Cross-Agency Priority (CAP) Goals in the agency strategic plan, the annual performance plan, and the annual performance report, please refer to www.Performance.gov for the agency’s contributions to those goals and progress, where applicable.
Agency Priority Goals
Information on the HHS Agency Priority Goals can be found at: www.Performance.Gov.
Strategic Goals Overview
The Department has developed the HHS Strategic Plan FY 2018-2022. The HHS Strategic Plan FY 2018-2022 identifies 5 strategic goals and 20 strategic objectives. The full HHS Strategic Plan FY 2018-2022 is located at: (https://www.hhs.gov/about/strategic-plan/index.html). The five strategic goals are:
Goal 1: Reform, Strengthen, and Modernize the Nation’s Health Care System.
Goal 2: Protect the Health of Americans Where They Live, Learn, Work, and Play.
Goal 3: Strengthen the Economic and Social Well-Being of Americans across the Lifespan.
Goal 4: Foster Sound, Sustained Advances in the Sciences.
Goal 5: Promote Effective and Efficient Management and Stewardship.
Performance goals and measures are powerful tools to advance an effective, efficient, and productive government. HHS regularly collects and analyzes performance data to inform decisions, to achieve meaningful progress, and to identify more cost-efficient ways to achieve results.
Responding to opportunities afforded by GPRAMA, HHS continues to institute significant improvements in performance management including:
- Developing, analyzing, reporting, and managing priority goals and conducting quarterly performance reviews between HHS component staff and HHS leadership to monitor progress towards achieving key performance objectives.
- Coordinating the Strategic Reviews process to support decision-making and performance improvement across the Department.
- Overseeing performance measurement, budgeting, strategic planning, and program integrity activities within the Department.
- Fostering a network of component Performance Officers who support, coordinate, and implement performance management efforts across HHS.
- Sharing best practices in performance management at HHS through webinars and other media.
Annual Performance Plan and Report
The Annual Performance Plan and Report provides information on the Department’s progress towards achieving the goals and objectives described in the HHS Strategic Plan FY 2018-2022. This report is organized according to that strategic plan and the information in the report reflects results available at the end of FY 2017.