Tangible Personal Property Reporting (SF-428B)
SF-428 Attachment B. The Final/Award Closeout form on Acquired Equipment purchased with Federal Funds is due at the end of a Federal Assistance Award. This form may not apply to some mandatory grant programs. Please see program specific terms and conditions for applicability.
Issued by: Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
Issue Date: January 24, 2020
Tangible Personal Property Reporting_x000D_
Tangible Property Report (SF-428)_x000D_ _x000D_
Recipients/grantees that purchase any tangible personal property (e.g., equipment with a unit cost of $5,000 or more and residual supplies with an aggregate fair market value exceeding $5,000) are required to submit the OMB approved Tangible Personal Property Form SF-428. Visit disclaimer page_x000D_ _x000D_
All grant programs are required to submit the SF-428s to your respective ACF Office of Grants Management (OGM) office for review and approval. ACF OGM will notify the recipient/grantee of the decision by filling out the “For Agency Use Only” section of the form and returning the form back to the recipient/grantee._x000D_ _x000D_
The SF-428 is a standard form used to collect information related to tangible personal property._x000D_ _x000D_
- SF-428.Visit disclaimer page The Cover Page must be submitted along with the other SF-428 Attachments (B, C, and S). _x000D_
- SF-428 Attachment AVisit disclaimer page. The Federally Owned Property Annual Report is not applicable to ACF grant programs. _x000D_
- SF-428 Attachment B. Visit disclaimer pageThe Final/Award Closeout form on Acquired Equipment purchased with Federal Funds is due at the end of a Federal Assistance Award. This form may not apply to some mandatory grant programs. Please see program specific terms and conditions for applicability. _x000D_
- SF-428 Attachment C.Visit disclaimer page The Disposition Request form on Acquired Equipment is due at any time other than award closeout. Recipients/grantees must request disposition instructions for equipment acquired with federal funds when an item is no longer needed for use on Federally-sponsored activities. Recipients/grantees may be required to provide compensation to the U.S. Treasury when acquired equipment is sold or retained for use on activities not sponsored by the Federal government. The official starting point for tangible personal property disposition process, a prior approval, is for the recipient/grantee to submit the SF-428 Cover Page and SF-428-C Disposition Request/Report with supporting documentation to your respective ACF OGM office. For more information, please review SF-428 Attachment C Guidance. _x000D_
- SF-428 Attachment SVisit disclaimer page. The Supplemental Sheet may be submitted with the SF-428 Attachment B or C to provide additional information.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this database lack the force and effect of law, except as authorized by law (including Medicare Advantage Rate Announcements and Advance Notices) or as specifically incorporated into a contract. The Department may not cite, use, or rely on any guidance that is not posted on the guidance repository, except to establish historical facts.