Skip Navigation

Can I pursue a private court action if I have filed a civil rights complaint?


Under most of the statutes enforced by the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR), a complainant who has been discriminated against may initiate private court action instead of, or in addition to, filing a complaint with OCR. If you are interested in doing so, you should consult an attorney as soon as possible to ensure that the action will be timely filed.

Last Updated: 11/4/2009