Health Datapalooza IV Tops Off a Huge Year in Health Data Liberation & Innovation
Health Datapalooza IV has officially wrapped and with over 1900 attendees and 80 companies, this was the biggest palooza yet. Kicked off by Secretary Sebelius for the second year in a row, this year’s event was a tremendous display of health data in action.
Looking back now, it is amazing to think that four years ago this all started with 45 people in a small room at the Institute of Medicine. Over the course of those four years the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has liberated over 400 datasets, participated in a countless number of codeathons, and has seen and helped developers build hundreds of apps, services, and products using health data.
HHSignite (beta): The What’s and Why’s of Your Proposal
Thinking about submitting a proposal? Not sure what your project would look like? Here are some things that HHSignite (beta) can help you do:
- Build something
- Build a small-scale model of that something
- Change a status quo process
- Run a pilot of that process change
- Change a methodology to problem solving or product development
- Test that methodology and compare the results to baseline
- Help bring staff and resources from other offices together to address a cross-Agency challenge
- Provide needed visibility and support
- Compliment other funding towards a larger new effort
- Connect with innovation leaders across HHS
- Learn from innovation experts in the private sector