Skip Navigation

Where do I file a civil rights complaint?


If you are filing a discrimination complaint against the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), a state or local social or health services agency; or a hospital, clinic, nursing  home or other agency receiving Federal Financial Assistance from HHS you can file your complaint electronically via the OCR Complaint Portal, by email at or you can mail or fax your complaint to the OCR Regional Office that is responsible for the state in which you allege the discrimination took place. To find out where to file your complaint, use the OCR Regions List.

If you are filing a complaint against another agency, go to for more info.


Last Updated: 08/07/2014