HHS Live Streaming
National Vaccine Advisory Committee Meeting
September 9-10, 2015 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET / 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
During the September NVAC meeting, the Committee will hear updates on a number of Departmental and stakeholders activities that are working to strengthen our national immunization system. These discussions will include:
- Updates on progress towards the Healthy People 2020 immunization goals, followed by presentations specifically examining progress towards the Healthy People 2020 goals to achieve 90% influenza vaccination coverage among healthcare personnel in a long-term care settings.
- An overview of efforts to support global immunizations including an introduction to a number of global immunization strategies from CDC, USAID and PAHO.
- Information on how data on state exemption laws is collected and used to inform studies on vaccination coverage and vaccine acceptance in specific populations.
- Continued discussions on vaccine confidence studies looking at how attitudes and beliefs about immunizations changes over time.
- Information on local and federal efforts to help increase vaccine confidence in communities.
For more information, visit http://www.hhs.gov/nvpo/nvac/meetings/index.html.
Subscribe to the HHS YouTube Channel to be updated when we publish new videos.