HHS Comment, Privacy, and Link Policies
To maintain a respectful dialogue, we've posted the guidelines of our comment policy below. In short:
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to the HHS New Media Center and the associated Web site.
- Be respectful. Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited.
- Tell the truth. Spreading misleading or false information is prohibited.
- No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is prohibited — this includes posts aggressively promoting services or products.
We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to remove and/or not allow comments to get posted. The views expressed within posted comments do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or the federal government.
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources (i.e. - your tax dollars), moderating and posting comments should only be expected to occur during regular business hours.
Reporters are asked to send questions to the necessary media office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions will not be posted nor answered.
This comment policy is valid for all discussions on any HHS managed forum. Thank you for taking the time to review our comment policy. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) collects no personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us Non-PII information related to your visit to our websites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored to help us make our sites more useful to visitors. HHS does not share information you provide.
Any Information, which may include personally identifiable information, you make available to HHS, including via a third-party Website, is voluntarily. When you make information available to HHS you may also be making this information available to a third-party not affiliated with HHS. We encourage you to contribute to discussions and provide your opinions to HHS via a third-party Website. When you do this you need to take steps to protect your privacy. Do not disclose any private information about yourself or others (e.g., Social Security Number or health information) on a third-party Website. Visit HHS.gov for information on how to send official correspondence to HHS.
HHS uses information you make available on a third-party Website to improve our programs and serve the public, such as improving our education and outreach materials and activities. HHS does not share information you provide and does not collect your personally identifiable information from a third-party Website.
This material may include useful hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations and persons. We provide these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. Such links are indicated by our standard exit icon (). These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of HHS, the United States Government, or its officers or employees concerning the significance, priority or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service or organization. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying HHS endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service.
- When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the HHS domain and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- HHS does not control nor guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on an externally linked website.
- HHS and this blog do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- HHS cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website. Those who provide comments are responsible for the copyright of the text they provide.
- HHS is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- HHS does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
For more information on HHS disclaimers, visit the HHS Web Site Disclaimers page.
Connect With Us
Content last reviewed on June 30, 2015