Section 508 requires that all Web site content be equally accessible to people with disabilities. This applies to Web applications, Web pages and all attached files. It applies to intranet as well as public-facing Web pages.
HHS 508 Leaderboard Report
Section 508 Web Basics
What is the ASPA/DCD 508 Program?
The ASPA/DCD 508 Program is housed within the OS/ASPA Digital Communications Division.
The goals of the program are to assist HHS OPDIVs and STAFFDIVs in:
- Testing websites, Web pages, Web applications, widgets, documents, and email blasts for 508 compliance
- Provide guidance on how to correct 508 issues within existing websites and documents
- Empower OPDIVs with the knowledge and resources to ensure the compliance of future websites through various training sessions and materials
- Official HHS 508 Policy
- HHS VPAT (HHSPAT) Forms and Instructions
- HHS 508 Web Standards
- HHS 508 Leaderboards
- HHS 508 Checklists
- How to use Broken Link Reports
- HHS 508/Accessiblity Lab
- Accommodation Guidance
- 508 Interim Access Provision
- Reporting an Accessibility Issue
Content last reviewed on June 2, 2014