Budget and Performance
Secretary Remarks on the FY 2015 Budget
If you work hard and take responsibility, you ought to have the opportunity to build a better a life for yourself and for your family. This Department’s mission is critically important to making this idea a reality for folks in every part of our country. Our 2015 budget makes investments in opportunity, economic growth, and security. The budget is a fiscally responsible budget. On the mandatory side, it will contribute a net $369 billion toward deficit reduction over the next decade.
Budget in Brief
HHS Budget in Brief (PDF - 146 pages) provides an overview of the HHS budget and how the budget supports the major initiatives of the Department. (Note: This version posted at 4:00 pm, March 5, 2014.)
NOTE: The Budget in Brief is undergoing remediation for compliance with Section 508. The remediation is expected to be complete by 3/28. In the interim, if you need accessibility assistance with this file, please contact Aalap Trivedi by email at Aalap.Trivedi@hhs.gov or by telephone at (202) 690-6200.
Budget Justifications to Congress
Office of the Secretary Staff Divisions:
Links to HHS Office of the Secretary Staff Division budget requests are listed below.
- General Department Management (PDF - 283 pages)
- Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund (PDF - 114 pages)
- Office of the Inspector General (PDF – 70 pages)
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information some of these files. We are working on them and they should be accessible by March 21. In the interim, if you need accessibility assistance with the file, please contact the HHS Office of Budget 202.690.7393 or Linda Adams by e-mail at email@example.com.
Operating Divisions Budget Requests:
- Administration for Children & Families (ACF)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Services (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information some of these files. For assistance, contact the Operating Division or the HHS Office of Budget 202.690.7393.
HHS Performance Information
FY 2013 HHS Summary of Performance and Financial Information
This document provides a synopsis of the Department’s performance and financial information over the past fiscal year as well as major HHS initiatives. (Release Date: March 31, 2014)
Online Performance Appendix
This report sets forth the Annual Performance Plan for HHS, including specific performance goals for HHS programs and priorities, the level of performance to be achieved FY 2014 and FY 2015, and analysis of actual performance from FY 2010 through FY 2013. (Release Date: March 10, 2014)
HHS Financial Reports
Our fiscal year 2013 Agency Financial Report (PDF – 4 MB, 234 pages) provides fiscal and high-level performance results that enable the President, Congress, and American people to assess our accomplishments for the reporting period October 1, 2012, through September 30, 2013. This report provides an overview of our programs, accomplishments, challenges, and management’s accountability for the resources entrusted to HHS.
The FY 2013 HHS Agency Financial Report includes the following sections:
- Management’s Discussion and Analysis (PDF – 1.74 MB, 42 pages)
- Financial Section (PDF – 1.37 MB, 108 pages)
- Other Information (PDF – 1.09 MB, 84 pages)
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in these files. For assistance, contact David Baker, (202) 260-6661.