Office of Finance (OF)
Office of Finance Responsibilities
The Office of Finance (OF) ensures compliance with all applicable financial laws, sets standards for financial management systems, and develops and manages HHS financial policies. The Office is responsible for support and coordination in the following areas:
- Oversees HHS financial systems portfolio, including business ownership of the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS).
- Sets standards for financial systems and reporting, including the design and development of Department-wide and component financial systems.
- Develops and oversees implementation of financial management policy, including cash, credit, debt, and payment management, including disbursement activities and functions.
- Coordinates quarterly and annual reporting of the Department’s consolidated financial statements; facilitates production of the HHS Annual Financial Report.
- Ensures compliance with the Departmental reporting requirements of the Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA) the Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA), and the Improper Payments Information Act (IPIA).
- Heads the development and implementation of the Chief Financial Officers Communications Strategy Plan.
Office of Finance Organization
- Office of Financial Policy and Reporting
- Office of Program Management and Systems Policy
- Office of Program Integrity Coordination
- Office of Finance Organizational Chart
- Office of Finance Functional Statement
- Find information about Office of Finance Key Personnel, and contact information.
- HHS Chief Financial Officers and Services Contacts responsible for specific financial services across the Department.
Reports and Policies
Agency Financial Report (AFR)
The annual HHS Agency Financial Report provides fiscal and high-level performance results to assess our accomplishments for each fiscal year (October 1 through September 30).
Financial Policy Library
HHS financial policies, guidance, plan and performance reports provides guidance on financial management requirements.
Content last reviewed on November 2, 2015