Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR)
The mission of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR) is to provide advice and guidance to the Secretary on all aspects of budget, financial management, grants and acquisition management, and to provide for the direction and implementation of these activities across the Department. The Office is headed by the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR). The ASFR has several formal and informal roles.
- HHS Chief Financial Officer (CFO). By delegation, the ASFR/CFO exercises full Department-wide authority of the Secretary's authorities and responsibilities delineated in the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990.
- HHS Chief Acquisition Officer
- Lead HHS audit follow-up official
- Lead official for grants
- Lead official for budget, responsible for the formulation, analysis, and presentation of the HHS Budget submitted to OMB and the Congress.
ASFR has an Immediate Office which provides executive direction to the ASFR organization and three primary offices that carry out the mission of the organization. Here are the details:
- ASFR Organizational Chart: Provides a visual representation of ASFR
- ASFR Functional Statement: Provides a description of the required organizational duties.
Office of Budget (OB)
- Learn about the organization and staffing of the Office of Budget
Office of Finance (OF)
- Learn about the organization and staffing of the Office of Finance
Office of Grants and Acquisition Policy and Accountability (OGAPA)
- Learn about the organization and staffing of the (OGAPA) which includes the Division of Grants, Division of Acquisition, and Office of Disadvantaged Small Business Utilization.
Key Personnel and Department Contacts
Select one of these lists to find important ASFR contacts:
- Key ASFR Personnel
- HHS Chief Financial Officers and Services Contacts
- HHS Heads of Contracting Activity and Key Managers
- HHS Operating and Staff Division Grant Officials
- Departmental Acquisition Career Managers
- HHS Small Business Staff and Specialists
Important ASFR Topics
- HHS Budget and Performance
- Find Agency Financial Reports
- Learn about HHS Financial Policies
- Learn about how to do business with HHS! We have tips for getting ready for contracts and grants management and the latest about our programs for small businesses.