Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR)
The mission of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR) is to provide advice and guidance to the Secretary on all aspects of budget, financial management, grants and acquisition management, and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA or Recovery Act) coordination, and to provide for the direction and implementation of these activities across the Department. The Office is headed by the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR). The ASFR has several formal and informal roles.
- HHS Chief Financial Officer (CFO). By delegation, the ASFR/CFO exercises full Department-wide authority of the Secretary's authorities and responsibilities delineated in the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990.
- HHS Chief Acquisition Officer
- Lead HHS audit follow-up official
- Lead official for grants
- Lead official for budget, responsible for the formulation, analysis, and presentation of the HHS Budget submitted to OMB and the Congress.
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources Organization
Immediate Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources
The Immediate Office provides executive direction to the ASFR organization. Learn about the offices:
Office of Budget (OB)
Office of Finance (OF)
- Learn about the organization and staffing of the Office of Finance
- Find Agency Financial Reports
- Learn about HHS Financial Policies
Office of Grants and Acquisition Policy and Accountability (OGAPA)
- Learn about the organization and staffing of the Office of Grants and Acquisition Policy and Accountability (OGAPA) which includes Grants, Acquisition, and Small Business Divisions.
- Find grant information for current and prospective HHS Grantees
- Review HHS Acquisition Regulation (HHSAR), Acquisition Policies, contract funding desk reference materials and Acquisition Workforce Planning and Certification.
- Learn about HHS small business vendor outreach and contract opportunities
NOTE: the acquisition policies link has changed to http://www.hhs.gov/asfr/ogapa/acquisition/policies/index.html
Find information about key personnel and how to best contact the ASFR staff.
- HHS Chief Financial Officers and Services Contacts
- HHS Heads of Contracting Activity and Key Managers
- HHS Operating and Staff Division Grant Officials
- Departmental Acquisition Career Managers