Other Federal Resources
LEP.gov is a clearinghouse, providing and linking to information, tools, and technical assistance regarding Limited English Proficiency and language services for federal agencies, recipients of federal funds, users of federal programs and federally assisted programs, and other stakeholders.
LEP.gov is created by the Interagency Working Group on Limited English Proficiency. That workgroup was created at the request of former Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights, Ralph F. Boyd, Jr. The Working Group includes members representing more than 35 federal agencies.
Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Know Your Rights Beneficiary Brochure This is a template that can be used by any organization.
Executive Order 13166
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Administration for Children Youth and Families (ACF)
- Information Memorandum to State TANF Agencies - Administration for Children and Families Information Memorandum to State Agencies Administering and approved TANF Program regarding Policy Guidance on the Title VI Prohibition Against National Origin Discrimination as it Affects Persons with Limited English Proficiency.
- TANF Q & As on Use of Funds (see Question #31)
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Office of Minority Health (OMH)
LEP Recipient Guidance from other federal agencies:
- Department of Justice (DOJ) LEP Guidance
- Department of Education (ED) LEP Resources
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Department of Transportation (DOT) LEP Guidance ( HTML or PDF )
- Department of Treasury LEP Guidance (HTML or PDF )
- Environmental Protection Act: Hispanic environmental health page on Pesticides
- General Services Administration LEP Guidance
- LEP Policy Guidance for its recipients ( HTML or PDF )
- LEP Policy Guidance for its recipients - Republication for additional comments (HTML or PDF)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration LEP Guidance ( HTML or PDF )
- National Science Foundation, LEP Policy Guidance for its recipients ( HTML or PDF)
- Department of Labor (DOL) LEP Guidance (HTML)