The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH) leaders are dedicated to developing policy recommendations as they pertain to public health issues that cut across HHS agencies and operating divisions. Learn more about OASH leaders and their work:
- Acting Assistant Secretary for Health Karen B. DeSalvo, M.D., M.P.H., M.Sc.
- Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health Jewel Mullen, M.D., M.P.H., M.P.A.
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health (Science and Medicine) Thomas E. Novotny, M.D., M.P.H.
- Chief Medical Officer, Karen A. Scott, M.D., M.P.H.
See Contact Us for individual offices within OASH.
Regional Health Administrators
- Region 1: Betsy Rosenfeld
- Region 2: April Smith-Hirak, Ph.D. (Acting)
- Region 3: Dalton G. Paxman, Ph.D.
- Region 4: Sharon L. Ricks, M.A.
- Region 5: RADM Jim Lando, M.D., M.P.H.
- Region 6: CAPT Mehran Massoudi
- Region 7: CDR Shary Jones, Pharm D., MPH, BCPS (Acting)
- Region 8: Laurie Konsella, M.P.A. (Acting)
- Region 9: Betsy Thompson, M.D., Dr.P.H. (Acting)
- Region 10: RADM Patrick W. O'Carroll, M.D., M.P.H.