The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU)
"Small Business is the HEART of our Economy"
The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) manages the development and implementation of appropriate outreach programs aimed at heightening the awareness of the small business community to the contracting opportunities available within HHS. Our responsibilities, programs, and activities are managed under three lines of business: advocacy, outreach, and unification of the business process. The Office:
- Promotes the participation of all small businesses in HHS contracts.
- Develops information to ensure small businesses compete for and receive a fair share of the Department's expenditures.
- Hosts Vendor Outreach Session (VOS) to educate vendors on the small business program and to provide information on how to effectively market your products and services to HHS.
OSDBU was established in October 1979 by Public Law 95-507 and issues policy and guidance on all small business programs for HHS. The Director of OSDBU reports directly to the Deputy Secretary and is administratively supported by OGAPA.
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization Leadership
- HHS Small Business Staff and Specialists
- HHS Heads of Contracting Activity and Key Managers
Important Small Business Information
The HHS Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) helps small businesses in their pursuit of health and human services-related contracts. See these pages to beat the competition:
- Get Ready to do Business with HHS
Be sure to review this information for the latest requirements for contracting, as well as tips for working with HHS.
- Review the HHS Contract Forecast
Learn about possible contract opportunities that may become available in the future.
- Get Ready for the Vendor Outreach Sessions
Make the most of your networking opportunities when meeting with our Small Business specialists at our monthly outreach events.
- See our Calendar of Small Business Events
- Learn about our HHS Programs for Businesses and Employers