National Training Centers
In response to the pressing needs of the Title X agencies and the people they serve, the Office of Population Affairs (OPA) awarded a cooperative agreement to maintain a Family Planning National Training Center (FPNTC). The FPNTC is operated by JSI Research Training Institute (JSI), in partnership with the World Health Organization Collaborating Center and the National Implementation Research Network at the University of North Carolina (UNC). The approach used by the FPNTC integrates evidence-based and best practices from health systems research, implementation science, and improvement science.
Family Planning National Training Center
The FPNTC works in collaboration with OPA to:
- Build on existing resources to strengthen the capacity of the Title X network
- Address the needs of Title X family planning service grantees and providers
- Ensure that personnel working in Title X family planning service projects have the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to effectively deliver high quality family planning services
The FPNTC works closely with the National Clinical Training Center, at the University of Missouri-Kansas City to strengthen the Title X network as a whole.
National Clinical Training Center
The National Clinical Training Center (CTC) provides clinical training for nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, physicians, and physician assistants. The CTC develops an annual national family planning training symposiums, a national biennial reproductive health conference, and clinical webinars including "virtual coffee breaks."
Training topics include:
- Clinical trainings that cover: preceptor training, long-acting reversible contraception, and billing and coding
- Contraceptive and sexually transmitted diseases (STD) updates
- Webinars on other current family planning topics
Content last reviewed on February 27, 2017