Title X Program Requirements
NOTE: On March 4, 2019, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services published a final rule in the Federal Register that revises the regulations governing the Title X family planning program. The Program Requirements document and related source materials are currently being updated to reflect the revised regulations.
The Program Requirements for Title X Funded Family Planning Projects were developed to assist current and prospective grantees in understanding and implementing the family planning grants program authorized by Title X of the PHS Act (42 U.S.C. 300 et seq.). The document is organized into 16 sections that describe the various requirements applicable to the Title X program, as set out in the Title X statute and implementing regulations (42 CFR part 59, subpart A), and in other applicable Federal statutes, regulations, and policies.
- Providing Quality Family Planning Services Recommendations
- The Family Planning National Training Center (FPNTC) provides resources, materials, and educational opportunities to enhance the capacity of Title X family planning grantees and sub recipients, as well as other healthcare providers, to deliver high quality reproductive health services.
Statutes, Regulations, and Guidance:
Family Planning Program Regulations 42CFR59 Grants for Family Planning Services (03/04/2019)**
- Subpart A - Project Grants for Family Planning Services
- Subpart C - Grants for Family Planning Service Training
Sterilization of Persons in Federally Assisted Family Planning Projects 42CFR50 Policies of General Applicability
- Subpart B - Sterilization of Persons in Federally Assisted Family Planning Projects
**This document incorporates changes as published in the Federal Register on 03/04/2019. See the following Federal Register Notice regarding the specific changes to the Title X Family Planning Regulations:
Content last reviewed on July 23, 2019