OHRP/PRIM&R “INVESTIGATOR 101” CD ROM
OHRP is pleased to provide a copy of the PRIM&R “Investigator 101” CD ROM to each institution with an OHRP-approved FWA. Each institution will receive a Site License that allows them to make copies for each investigator.
• Three hours of high quality full motion video
o Based on PRIM&R’s highly acclaimed “IRB 101 - On the Road”training program.
o Two presentations:
§ Part 1: The History and Ethics of Human Subject Research
with Dr. Jeffrey Cooper
§ Part 2: The Top 10 Responsibilities of Investigators
with Ms. Ada Sue Selwitz
o Both talks are divided into short modules
• Synchronized animated slide presentations
o Printable slide handouts are included for convenience.
• Synchronized transcripts of the audio track
o Play the video and the highlighted transcript moves with the video. Scroll the transcript and the video moves to the corresponding point. The transcripts may be printed for convenience.
• Comprehensive set of hyper-linked references and reading materials
o Includes key regulatory and compliance documents.
• Search function
o Search on any keyword and jump directly to the point in the video where the keyword is discussed.
• Notes function
o Investigators may record notes through the CD-ROM software.
The CD-ROM operates on both Macintosh and Microsoft Windows platforms.
1. Download the CD ROM Order Form and the Recipient License Agreement.
2. Fill out the Order Form and sign the License Agreement
3. No fax copies will be accepted. Send the order form and the signed Recipient
License Agreement to:
Office for Human Research Protections
1101 Wootton Parkway, Suite 200
Rockville MD 20852
Note: Assured VA institutions should not follow this procedure, but can obtain the CD ROM from the Office of Research Compliance and Assurance at their website; http://www.va.gov/oro/