Resources developed and maintained by the Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy
National Plans and Frameworks
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS): Updated to 2020—a five-year plan, 2016-2020, that details principles, priorities, and actions to guide our collective national response to the HIV epidemic.
- NHAS 2016 Progress Report—the 2016 Progress Report describes progress in implementing the Strategy from its release in July 2015 through December 2016.
- NHAS Federal Action Plan—a summary of actions to be taken by Federal agencies, 2016-2020, to implement the Strategy and move the Nation toward improving its HIV prevention and care outcomes.
- NHAS Community Action Plan Framework—a tool to assist community-based organizations and other HIV stakeholders in developing their own plans and specific actions to implement the Strategy.
- HIV PrEP Framework—the federal government’s comprehensive framework to improve access to pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) serves as a blueprint for federal activities to scale up PrEP as a strategy to prevent HIV transmission and reduce new infections in the United States.
- National Viral Hepatitis Action Plan 2017-2020 (Action Plan)—a comprehensive, cross-agency plan that provides a framework and focus around which both federal and nonfederal stakeholders can engage in strengthening the nation’s response to viral hepatitis.
- AIDS.gov—a gateway for information on HIV/AIDS prevention, testing, treatment, policy, and research efforts in the United States.
- Blog.AIDS.gov—a forum to raise awareness and foster public discussion on HIV/AIDS-related federal policies, programs, and resources; the National HIV/AIDS Strategy; HIV/AIDS research; and using new media effectively in the response to HIV/AIDS.
- AIDS.gov HIV Testing and Care Services Locator—a location-based search tool that allows individuals to search for HIV testing services, Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program service providers, housing providers, health centers, and other service providers near the user’s current location.
- Blood and Tissue Safety and Availability—information on OHAIDP's efforts to coordinate HHS activities related to blood and tissue safety and availability
- HHS Viral Hepatitis Website—developed to improve access to information about viral hepatitis and the federal response, highlighting the cross-governmental National Viral Hepatitis Action Plan 2017 - 2020, highlighting and encouraging efforts that support the plan’s goals, and sharing in one place links to information on relevant resources, programs, and policies located websites across the federal government
- HIV/AIDS Awareness Days—a number of national and global observances that are held annually to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS among specific populations and provide information about HIV prevention, testing, treatment, and care.
- Viral Hepatitis Awareness Days and Months—awareness months and days are an important opportunity to educate communities about the benefits of viral hepatitis prevention, testing, care, and treatment. Learn more about these observances and existing resources.