Monitoring Progress of the Viral Hepatitis Action Plan
The cross-agency work group focused on implementing the Action Plan has continued to meet regularly to monitor progress, strategize about overcoming obstacles, and identify and capitalize on new opportunities or address emerging needs. Progress highlights from both federal and nonfederal stakeholders are often shared through blog posts on this site.
Annual Progress Reports
In addition, the federal partners have collaborated on annual progress reports, highlighting accomplishments in implementing the Action Plan:
- 2016 Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Progress Report (1.1 MB): This report highlights key contributions by federal partners in FY2016 and a brief summary of implementation of actions for Action Plan for 2014-2016 indicating that 91% of federal partners’ actions were implemented during the four years. The report describes collaborative activities across a variety of community stakeholders nationwide and lists journals and other publications produced or supported by federal partners during FY2016.
- 2015 Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Progress Report: This report highlights examples of important work by federal partners in 2015, as well as activities undertaken collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders in communities across the nation.
Download the report (1.4 MB).
- 2014 Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Progress Report Compiled by the HHS Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy: This report highlights key accomplishments within each of the Action Plan’s six priority areas and reflects work done by partners across the federal government in 2014.
Download the report (2.2 MB).
- 2013 Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Progress Report: This report spotlights key 2013 accomplishments within each of the Action Plan’s six priority areas as reported by federal partners.
Download the report (655 KB).
- 2012 Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Progress Report: In this report, partners from across the U.S. government share updates on progress made during 2012 to implement the Action Plan.
Download the report (818 KB).
- 2011 Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Progress Report: This report features brief highlights of progress made during the first year of implementing the Action Plan. It documents actions reported by federal partners that were initiated and/or completed between May 2011 and April 2012.
Download the report (787 KB).
Nonfederal stakeholder action is also key to achieving the goals of the Action Plan.
The 2014-2016 Action Plan (5 MB) introduced several progress measures selected to support accountability and transparency as well as aid in monitoring and measuring the results of implementing the Action Plan.
The 2017-2020 Action Plan (3 MB) builds upon the progress measures previously introduced identifying 17 indicators that will be used to monitor progress toward our national goals. Further description of each of the indicators, the data source, recent trends, and annual targets for 2014 - 2020 is available in Appendix A of the Action Plan (beginning on page 58). Depending upon the availability of data, progress on each of the indicators will continue to be reported in annual Viral Hepatitis Action Plan Progress Reports.