CMS Research, Statistics, Data & Systems- Health Plan Management System (HPMS)- Recertification & Password Process
Guidance for CMS Health Plan Management System (HPMS) Recertification & Password Process.
Issued by: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Issue Date: February 11, 2020
Annual Recertification Process
CMS user IDs must be recertified electronically on an annual basis using CMS’ EUA system at https://eua.cms.gov. If you have difficulty with EUA or the CBT (including password issues), please contact the CMS IT Service Desk at 1-800-562-1963 or 410-786-2580 for assistance. If you do not complete the recertification in a timely manner, your CMS user ID will be revoked and you will have to re-apply as a new user.
Upon receipt of a recertification email notice from firstname.lastname@example.org, you must follow Steps 1 AND 2 to complete the process:
Step 1: System Access Review
- Log into the EUA System Access Certification page at https://eua.cms.gov/eurekify/portal/login using your HPMS credentials.
- If you find a certification item on your home screen, select the “Certify” button to proceed.
- Select the check box that appears next to your name. This action will automatically select the check boxes for all of your associated job codes.
- Select the “Keep” button in order to retain access to the selected job codes.
- On the summary page, select the “Submit” button to continue.
- On the confirmation pop-up window, select the “X” that appears in the upper right hand corner to complete the system access review step.
Step 2: Security Training
- Complete the CMS security computer-based training (CBT) at the following URL: /cbt/login/
- Once complete, print a copy of your certificate for your records.
For additional information, please refer to the “recertification & password process” download below.
HHS is committed to making its websites and documents accessible to the widest possible audience, including individuals with disabilities. We are in the process of retroactively making some documents accessible. If you need assistance accessing an accessible version of this document, please reach out to the email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this database lack the force and effect of law, except as authorized by law (including Medicare Advantage Rate Announcements and Advance Notices) or as specifically incorporated into a contract. The Department may not cite, use, or rely on any guidance that is not posted on the guidance repository, except to establish historical facts.