Vendor Communication Plan (2014)
Date: April 25, 2014
Section 1: Introduction
HHS recognizes that communication between government and industry can be improved. Some HHS acquisition professionals may have adopted common misconceptions about the extent to which they may communicate with industry when conducting market research and throughout the acquisition lifecycle. Those misconceptions may limit vendor engagement and create knowledge gaps regarding industry standards, capabilities, pricing, and available technologies. In turn, this may lead to less- than-optimal procurement outcomes. By adopting and implementing this Plan, HHS intends to improve the quality and effectiveness of its procurements.
This Plan provides a roadmap for HHS acquisition personnel regarding methods and means of government-industry communication to:
- Dispel common misconceptions that acquisition personnel may have regarding government-industry communications;
- Build upon our current communication policies and guidance;
- Bridge communications gaps between the government and industry;
- Enhance our understanding of current industry capabilities and conditions; and
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of our procurements.
1.3. Document Organization
The document is organized in the following manner: